Archive Version of e-Notes
eLearning Spring Showcase and May Institute
Call for Presentations for May Institute (Due March 28th)
Call for Proposals
Southwest Institute for Learning with Technology (SILT)
Deadline: March 28, 2011
Notification: April 6, 2011
This year's SILT will take place May 23–24 at the W. A. Franke College of Business. The theme is "Designing the Learning Experience: First Year through Graduation." The e-Learning Center is soliciting proposals for presentations on the following topics:
- Course design and student achievement: practices that work
- Global learning: making learning inclusive and inviting to all
- Using technology to improve outcomes: promoting quality and quantity of student effort
- Doing more with less: innovations for lean times
Proposals will be evaluated for how well they fit within the following three tracks:
- Track 1: Planning Your Course
- Track 2: Teaching Your Course
- Track 3: Assessing Your Course
Invitation to Spring Showcase (March 30th)
Mixing It Up with Blended Learning
Spring 2011 Faculty Showcase
Wednesday, March 30, 1:30-4:30 p.m., Cline Library, Room 200
Join a lively discussion in which NAU faculty will describe how they have incorporated online elements into their face-to-face courses. Recent studies indicate that courses containing online components produce better learning outcomes for students. Come see what your colleagues are doing to capitalize on the promise of blended learning.
To attend, please register online at bit.ly/nauelcsp11showcase.
For more information, call the e-Learning Center at 928-523-1629 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.