Future: Our Bb Learn system will be relocated from local hosting (at NAU ITS) to managed hosting by Blackboard. The cutover is planned for Monday, March 17, 2014. There will be a service interruption of about 30 hours for the cutover, during which the system will be unavailable to all users. Once switched, the system should look and work just as it does now. Read the ITS Newsletter article about this upcoming change.
Current: Blackboard Learn at NAU is running Version 9.1, Service Pack 13, Compatibility Pack 8.
Past: On February 6, 2014, Bb Learn was upgraded from CP6 (SP13), to CP8. View the details.
New Blackboard Learn Features
Here is a video that demonstrates some of the major changes that came with SP 12 on May 23, 2013.
- Add exceptions for individual students or groups – you can now schedule extra time or makeup quizzes without having to make a second copy of your test!
- Schedule what kind of feedback your students will see… for example, you can schedule the release of the student’s score immediately, but the correct answers only after the availability has ended.
Inline Assignment Grading
- View assignments and provide feedback – including comments, highlighting, etc. – right within the web browser, instead of having to download attachments.
- Add calendar items automatically based on activity due dates!
- Drag-and-drop a calendar entry, and the due date updates itself.
Discussion Board Enhancements
- Set up your forum so that a student may not see other students’ posts until he has posted his own thread.
Content Editor Improvements
- Edit HTML files within Bb Learn, even if they weren’t created in Bb Learn.
- No more worries about “bad code” as a result of pasting from Word!
- Connect with others more easily – in your courses, at the University, and even at other institutions.
- Set up your own Spaces to share common interests, do group work, etc.
- See at a glance which students may be at risk, may not be engaging with the course, or may just need a little nudge in order to be successful.
- Blackboard acknowledges the following issues in Service Pack 11 and 12 and is working on fixes.
In January 2009, NAU transitioned from the Vista LMS to Blackboard Learn. The following is posted for archival purposes but may contain some out-of-date information.