New Blackboard Learn Features
On May 23, 2013, NAU's Learning Management System, Blackboard Learn, will be upgraded to Version 9.1, Service Pack 12 to include a number of major improvements.
- Add exceptions for individual students or groups – you can now schedule extra time or makeup quizzes without having to make a second copy of your test!
- Schedule what kind of feedback your students will see… for example, you can schedule the release of the student’s score immediately, but the correct answers only after the availability has ended.
Inline Assignment Grading
- View assignments and provide feedback – including comments, highlighting, etc. – right within the web browser, instead of having to download attachments.
- Add calendar items automatically based on activity due dates!
- Drag-and-drop a calendar entry, and the due date updates itself.
Discussion Board Enhancements
- Set up your forum so that a student may not see other students’ posts until he has posted his own thread.
Content Editor Improvements
- Edit HTML files within Bb Learn, even if they weren’t created in Bb Learn.
- No more worries about “bad code” as a result of pasting from Word!
- Connect with others more easily – in your courses, at the University, and even at other institutions.
- Set up your own Spaces to share common interests, do group work, etc.
- See at a glance which students may be at risk, may not be engaging with the course, or may just need a little nudge in order to be successful.
In January 2009, NAU transitioned from the Vista LMS to Blackboard Learn. The following is posted for archival purposes but may contain some out-of-date information.