How do I clear a student's assignment attempt, or allow another attempt?
If a student submitted an assignment through the Bb Learn assignment tool and you wish to clear it in order to allow re-submission, or you wish to retain the initial attempt and allow an additional attempt:
- Go to the full grade center.
- From the cell for that student and that assignment, select View Grade Details.
- Select Clear Attempt to clear the attempt completely, or to preserve the initial attempt and allow a second attempt, choose Allow Additional Attempt.
- The Allow Additional Attempt function only appears if the student has already submitted the maximum number of attempts allowed for that assignment. You can continue to offer opportunities to resubmit attempts each time the student reaches that maximum number. You do not have to grade previous attempts to allow a student to submit again.
- Alternatively, click Ignore Attempt to ignore the attempt’s score in grade calculations and not count it against the maximum number of attempts.
- Don't forget that the assignment must still be available in order for the student to re-submit, so make sure to check availability dates, adaptive release, etc.
Last updated: Oct 16, 2014