How do I change the application to open a file?
The easiest way to change the application that opens a file:
- Find the file you want to open
- Right click on the file
- A menu will pop up
- Choose 'Open with...'
- A list will open that will show applications on your computer that can open the file
- Choose the application that you want to open the file. If you want to make your selection permanent, then you have to check the box under the list of applications that is labeled "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".
- After you are done, select OK
- The file open in the selected application
Last updated: Jun 16, 2011