Classes are deleted from the Bb Learn server two years after the end date, so downloading a backup will be necessary if you must keep an archive longer. This archive (in a proprietary .zip format) can only be opened into another Bb Learn class. Note: we can't guarantee that future versions of Bb Learn will allow old backups to restore.
To archive an entire course, including all student activity to date, in Bb Learn:
- On the Course Management Control Panel, select Packages and Utilities.
- Select Export/Archive Course
- Click on the Archive button.
- Change the File Attachments options to the following:
- Course Files Default Directory: Copy links and include copies of the files in the course default directory
- Files Outside of the Course Default Directory: Copy links and include copies of the files outside of the course default directory
- Select Submit
The instructor will receive an e-mail letting them know when the creation of the archive is completed.
To download the archive, return to the Export/Archive area and download the file. On a Mac, right-click and select "Save Link As" to download the zip file and save on your computer.
Instructors can also download the grade center as a spreadsheet, if only the scores are needed.