How do I import a rubric from the institution content collection into my course?
You may import a rubric from the content collection in order to use that rubric to grade assignments and other work in your own course. Rubrics may be imported from the content collection or from your own computer; this walkthrough will demonstrate importing a rubric from the institution content collection.
- Log in to your course and access the Rubrics tool from Course Tools.
- Click the Import Rubric button to import a rubric into your course.
- Click Browse Content Collection, then Submit.
- Click the up-arrow to navigate up to a higher level...
- ...and keep clicking that arrow until you see institution as a choice.
- Now click on institution, then Assessment Rubrics...
- ...and keep drilling down until you reach the folder where the rubric is saved. This could be very specific; for example, if you rubric is intended for use in ETC-545 courses, click on College of Education, then ETC, then ETC-545 so that you are in the ETC-545 folder. Breadcrumbs will show the path of the directory you are in.
- Once you are in the correct directory, click the radio button of the rubric you would like to import, then click Submit.
- Verify that you have the correct rubric selected, then click Submit again.
- A Rubric Import Result screen should appear, hopefully indicating that the import was successful. Click OK to continue.
- The imported rubric should now appear in your list of course rubrics, and may be attached to gradable activities.