Grading a Discussion in Blackboard Learn
In this scenario, you will
- Log in to Blackboard Learn
- Navigate to the correct course
- Configure Blackboard Learn for editing
- Locate the student you want to grade
- Grade the student's forum posts
Although Blackboard Learn offers a number of options to choose from when you grade a discussion, the steps listed in this scenario address only a few of them. You are encouraged to explore the other options on your own.
To log in to Blackboard Learn (if you are not already logged in), follow these steps:
- Go to bblearn.nau.edu.
- Click the Log in to Bb Learn button.
- On the Central Authentication Service (CAS) page, in the UserID field type your NAU login ID, and in the Password field, type your password.
(NOTE: If you have already authenticated through CAS from some other campus website, you might not have to complete this step or the next. Instead, you automatically will be routed to the Blackboard Learn My Institution tab.)
- Click the Login button.
After you have logged in, make sure you are on the My Institution tab, and then from the My Courses block, select a listed course.
Near the upper right corner of the window, make sure the Edit Mode is button is set to ON. You click the button to toggle between ON and OFF.
- In the left navigation menu, click the Discussions link.
- On the Discussion Board page, next to Module Forum, click the action link icon , and then select Grade from the dropdown menu.
- On Grade Forum Users page, locate the row containing the name of the student whose forum posts you want to grade, and then click the Grade button in that row.
- Review the student's post to be graded, and then in the Forum Grade section of the right column, click the Edit Grade button.
- In the Current Grade Value field, type the number of points you are awarding, and then click the Save Grade button.
- Click the OK button in the lower right corner.