Create a New Evaluation
Create a New Evaluation
You may create a new evaluation to be used for a specific course, or as a template for all courses within a department or college. When you create a new evaluation, you may create it from scratch or may use an existing evaluation as your starting point. Regardless, before you may map (assign) an online evaluation to a specific course section, the evaluation itself must exist.
- Access the Online Course Evaluation Admin site.
- Select Create a New Evaluation, then click the Perform Selected Action button .
- Type in a comment to identify the new evaluation (e.g., ACC 999 Courses)
- If you would like to start from scratch, select Blank Evaluation; otherwise select an existing evaluation from which to create the new evaluation
- Click Create an Evaluation.
- If starting with a blank evaluation you may begin adding questions.
- Question Text is the actual wording of the question as you would like it to appear to students.
- Help Text will create a help link that, when clicked, will provide the student with more information or additional instructions about the question.
- Question Level indicates the administrative level at which answers will be set for reporting.
- Question Type allows you to choose from a variety of question categories:
- Section Heading -- a text-only heading for a section of your evaluation
- Likert Scale: 3-7 Responses, 3-7 Responses plus N/A (e.g., "This course was very valuable -- Strongly Agree, Somewhat, Strongly Disagree")
- Multiple Choice: Single or Multiple Responses, up to 8 choices
- Open-ended (memo field for essay-type responses)
- Click Submit Question to save the question; you will then see how the question will appear, and may Delete it, Edit it, or Add another question.
- Continue adding questions until you are finished. If you wish to insert a question between two other questions, click the Add button on the top-most question of the two (below which you would like the new question to appear). In the example below, clicking the Add button at Question 1 will insert a new Question 2, and the current Question 2 ("What is your gender?) will become Question 3.
- To add a new question to the very top of the evaluation (it will be Question 1), click Add a Question at the Top. All of the other questions will move down.
- At any time, you may preview the entire evaluation by clicking Preview Evaluation; this will open a new window with the entire evaluation as students will see it. You may click Close Preview Window to exit the preview.
- To make changes to a question you have already created, click the Edit button for that question.
- To remove a question you have already created, click the Delete button for that question.
- If you did not start with a Blank Evaluation but instead created your evaluation based on an existing evaluation, you will initially see all questions and may Delete, Edit or Add questions.
- When you are finished, click Return to Main Admin Page. The evaluation will automatically be saved.