(Enrollment closes 6pm the day before this workshop)
Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:00am - 10:50am @ e-Learning Training Room
Category: Blackboard Learn Seats Available: 8
Format: Hands-on Delivery Method: Real-time Delivery System: Classroom
Instructors: Larry MacPhee
This workshop assumes you already know the basics and are trying to figure out ways to work more efficiently or do more complex things in Blackboard Learn. We will focus on the following, but you can also bring your questions.
- Hide courses from the My Courses list.
- Customize the Course Menu with Tool Links and Course Links.
- Change the default Course Entry Page.
- Copy/paste text from Word docs into Blackboard using the Paste from Word "mashup" tool.
- Make sure PDFs open properly for all of your users (use Open Link in New Window).
- Use the Copy tool to move content from one course section to another.
- Use multiple windows (or tabs) so you can be in two places at once.
- Use multiple browsers to log in both as yourself and as the "test-student" for a true student view.
- Use the content collection to organize your graphics. Learn about XIDs.
- Create better looking graphics: text wrapped, scaled, captioned images using the built-in HTML editor.
- Create better formatted text.