A book does not have to meet all of the criteria to be selected but consider the following:
- Reading level should be appropriate for all residents of Flagstaff, ages 15 – 100.
- Length should not be intimidating, ~300 pages is recommended.
- Author would be available to visit Flagstaff.
- Book is available in paperback and audio versions.
- Subject matter should have the potential to capture attention of a diverse audience.
- The characters and themes in the book should appeal to a wide audience of readers (e.g. male and female, young and old).
- Book addresses one or all of the following themes:
- Sustainability and Stewardship of Place
- Global Engagement
- A Culture of Inclusion, Civility, and Respect