Archive for July, 2013
Fred Phillips Consulting — a local watershed and ecological restoration firm — is looking for a full time (two years commitment) Landscape Architecture/Restoration Practitioner for their Flagstaff office located in downtown Flagstaff.
Fred Phillips Consulting specializes award winning designs including ecological restoration, parks, trails, wetland delineation, and environmental monitoring and compliance.
Duties for the Landscape Architecture/Restoration Practitioner include (but not limited to):
- Completing design concepts and construction documents for wetland and riparian restoration, trails, and parks.
- Managing design and restoration construction projects.
- Performing site analysis on restoration sites including wetland delineation, soil salinity surveys, and vegetation mapping.
- Assist with project management including acquisition of plant materials, managing field staff, and running survey crews.
- Completing ARC GIS mapping of plant and wildlife monitoring projects.
- Developing perspective sketches and rendering of designs.
- Assist with completing monitoring and grant reports.
- Assist with office management as needed.
All applicants must have the following qualifications:
- A degree in Landscape Architecture, Ecological Restoration, Environmental Engineering or similar.
- Experience in ecological restoration.
- Must have strong graphic design and writing skills.
- Must be able to work independently in a challenging work environment.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, ADOBE CS and Microsoft Office. GIS experience is preferred.
- Must have own transportation and be willing to travel.
- Must be willing and able to work in challenging field conditions. Some outdoor guiding/field experience is preferred.
Fred Phillips Consulting offers sick and annual leave, maternity leave, bi-annual bonuses, medical stipend, 401k plan, and more. Start date is immediately with salary D.O.E.
All qualified applicants can send their resume, portfolio and references to email@example.com
This job opening will be open and available only through the month of August, so send in your resume, portfolio, and references immediately!
After a couple of weeks of hard work, our brand new video is available for your viewing pleasure! The GNEI Overview Video is a short promo featuring the Green NAU Energy Initiative. Check out what we are up to!
Gaining infamy in 2008, the film Food, Inc. exposed the dark secrets of the American Food Industry. Director Robert Kenner showcases first hand accounts of animal cruelty, environmental degradation, food-borne illness, and public health concerns via the testimonies of farmers, industry workers, consumers advocates, and people like you. Working with Kenner, author and editor Karl Weber released the participant guide Food, Inc. This film to book companion became a New York Times Best Seller including contributions from experts like Eric Schlosser, Michael Pollan, Anna Lappe, and many more.
Annie’s is proud to support the next generation of farmers by offering $100,000 in funds to students studying sustainable agriculture.
Applications are not due until October 1, 2013 to December 15, 2013.
Visit this website for more information: