Are you looking for a student worker position? The Institute for Sustainable Energy Solutions is hiring! Check out the job description below.
ISES Student worker
Assignment: Administrative support for NAU’s Institute for Sustainable Energy Solutions (ISES); some outreach, communication and design projects.
Context: NAU’s Institute for Sustainable Energy Solutions, now in its fourth year, is expanding its team and its outreach efforts. These include the website (www.nau.edu/ises) and other communications materials and campaigns. ISES has a Director, Project Director and Administrative Associate managing most of its functions. ISES is seeking a student worker to help out with administrative tasks, communications, web updates, and other duties as needed. This employee will also have opportunities to help out from time to time with ISES research projects or outreach events.
- Provide administrative support for institute (e.g. paperwork, office maintenance/duties, errands on campus)
- Perform website updates, including updating existing pages and managing site structure and new pages; Assist with outreach materials, including writing, design, and delivery
- Occasionally support special events or outreach efforts (e.g. K-12 student visit, research symposium, etc)
- Meet weekly with ISES Administrative Associate and Project Director, and regularly attend ISES weekly student meetings
- Excellent communications and organizational skills;
- Website maintenance or design experience and interest/ability to learn more;
- Ability to take instruction, ask clarifying questions, and work independently;
- Some background in energy or climate (any classes, research, or interest).
Hours/Compensation: Up to 10 hours/week. $10-14/hr depending on experience.
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter to Megan Coe, ISES Administrative Associate, at Megan.Coe@nau.edu