Title: Green Building/Materials Intern
Department: Facility Services: Planning Design and Construction
Location: Northern Arizona Campus, Flagstaff AZ
Academic credit may be possible
This internship position will provide the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge on sustainable design elements. This individual will work closely with the Green Building Coordinator and Project Managers to identify design and material standards for future buildings on campus. In addition, the intern will gain exposure to LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Certification and the AASHE STARS (Sustainability, Tracking, Assessment and Rating System) program; two rating systems that provide recognition for Northern Arizona University for its leadership role in sustainability.
This position will assist Northern Arizona University in their efforts to reduce costs and greenhouse gas emissions associated with building materials, and provide a student with an opportunity to become familiar with ecological design techniques, life-cycle analysis, and sustainable purchasing strategies. The materials analysis will be summarized and presented at the conclusion of the internship to provide recommendations for campus design standards.
- Assist in green materials research and sourcing
- Design and maintain a green building materials data base
- Set up data reporting schemes for sustainable purchases
- Coordinate with project managers and various trades staff
- Carry out various tasks related to the certification process as needed
- Must be an NAU student living in Flagstaff AZ
- Majoring in Engineering, Construction Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies or similar.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Megan Burke at (Megan.Burke@nau.edu)