Archive for category Call for Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS!
OCTOBER 12 &13, 2012
We are accepting submissions for the 7th Annual Traditional Agriculture and Sustainable Living Conference till September 21, 2012 at Northern New Mexico College. We are soliciting papers in all areas where traditional practices are aligned with the concept of sustainability. Presentations should be focused on activities and research on the traditional aspects of sustainability through:
· natural organic farming practices
· seed saving
· education in traditional foods and medicines,
· developing markets for surplus crops,
· value added production, and
· helping communities maintain or return to their traditional cultural lifestyles.
In this conference, we are interested in fostering discussion around work pertaining to:
· Clean, Safe Accessible Water, and Water Rights
· Women in Traditional Agriculture
· Spirituality in Agriculture
· Innovations in Sustainability
Include a 500-word abstract that outlining the topic of the presentation. Each proposal, should include a one- paragraph biography and a one-page c.v., including address, phone, and email address for the point of contact. Indicate AV equipment needs, if any.
Deadline for Statements of Interest: September 17, 2012
Acceptance Notices will be sent by September 21, 2012
Email each submission in PDF form to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or send by mail service to: Sostenga Center, Northern New Mexico College, 921 Paseo de Oñate, Española, NM 87532.
For more information, visit: http://4bridges.org/conference-information/