Archive for category job opportunity
The Green NAU Energy Initiative is hiring a student worker to be an outreach assistant! Please see the job description below for more information on the position and on how to apply.
Green NAU Energy Initiative Outreach Assistant
About the Green NAU Energy Initiative
The Green NAU Energy Initiative (GNEI) began in 2013 as a campus wide effort to encourage students, faculty, and staff to reduce the amount of energy and water they use in order to reduce the university’s environmental impact and save costs. In addition to this initial program GNEI also works on other campus sustainability issues such as recycling and waste issues, energy efficiency, renewable energy investigation, etc.
The Green NAU Energy Initiative is looking for a student program assistant to help with the outreach and overall operations of the program. This position will focus on a variety of marketing related functions as well as day-to-day organizational tasks.
- Create new and edit existing marketing and program materials such as websites, various print materials, informational videos, and social media messaging. (50%)
- Assist the GNEI staff with presentations and web based newsletters. (10%)
- Coordinate and post on behalf of GNEI through social media. (10%)
- Data entry and management. (5%)
- Other program support such as placement and installation of marketing materials, event planning, general office work, and other duties as assigned. (25%)
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign
- Understanding of social media
- Basic understanding of making videos
- Public Speaking
- Knowledge of Final Cut Pro X
- Knowledge of video production
How to Apply
- Complete student worker application located here > http://nau.edu/uploadedFiles/Administrative/Finance_and_Administration/Facility_Services/Documents/Fac_Staff/HR_Forms/FS_student_app_fillable.pdf
- Email completed application, resume, and design example to FSPS@nau.edu and email@example.com.
With the month of April looming, The Green Fund has been very busy the last couple of months with proposals, proposals, and more proposals. And guess what? The fun for this semester isn’t over yet! The Green Fund has two announcements for the rest of the spring semester:
- We are currently accepting applications for those interested in being a Green Fund Committee Member for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- We are now accepting project/addendum applications for the month of April.
So, being on the Green Fund Committee is awesome. Totally Awesome. The students who sit on this committee have the power to allocate hundreds of thousands of dollars to sustainability projects on campus. Green Fund Committee Members are the gatekeepers of student money and it is our responsibility to use it wisely. Besides being able to include buzzwords like project management and financial coordination on your resume, you get paid. Committee members get paid $10.00 per hour plus a $500.00 stipend every semester. Committee members work about 5-7 hours per week. To apply to be a Green Fund committee member, visit the Get Involved page to download the application.
Our other announcement is that based on public demand, the committee has decided to take proposals for the month of April. Project applications will be due Wednesday April 2nd. Here is our schedule for the rest of the semester:
- March 28th – Green Fund Meeting/Project Application Defense (3pm, ARD Small Pod)
- March 31st – Committee Member Applications Due!
- April 2nd – 3rd Round Green Fund Proposal Applications Due by 5pm.
- April 11th – Green Fund Meeting/Project Application Defense (3pm, ARD Small Pod)
- April 18th – Green Fund Meeting/Project Application Voting (3pm, ARD Small Pod)
- April 25th – Undergraduate Symposium
- May 2nd – Last Green Fund Meeting of the semester
The Green Fund typically holds special proposal workshops for project applications. However, due to spring break, there will be a change. Instead, if you are interested in submitting a Green Fund proposal for the month of April, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the information you will need. Here is the Green Fund website for more info: nau.edu/greenfund