Posts Tagged Green Fund
With the month of April looming, The Green Fund has been very busy the last couple of months with proposals, proposals, and more proposals. And guess what? The fun for this semester isn’t over yet! The Green Fund has two announcements for the rest of the spring semester:
- We are currently accepting applications for those interested in being a Green Fund Committee Member for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- We are now accepting project/addendum applications for the month of April.
So, being on the Green Fund Committee is awesome. Totally Awesome. The students who sit on this committee have the power to allocate hundreds of thousands of dollars to sustainability projects on campus. Green Fund Committee Members are the gatekeepers of student money and it is our responsibility to use it wisely. Besides being able to include buzzwords like project management and financial coordination on your resume, you get paid. Committee members get paid $10.00 per hour plus a $500.00 stipend every semester. Committee members work about 5-7 hours per week. To apply to be a Green Fund committee member, visit the Get Involved page to download the application.
Our other announcement is that based on public demand, the committee has decided to take proposals for the month of April. Project applications will be due Wednesday April 2nd. Here is our schedule for the rest of the semester:
- March 28th – Green Fund Meeting/Project Application Defense (3pm, ARD Small Pod)
- March 31st – Committee Member Applications Due!
- April 2nd – 3rd Round Green Fund Proposal Applications Due by 5pm.
- April 11th – Green Fund Meeting/Project Application Defense (3pm, ARD Small Pod)
- April 18th – Green Fund Meeting/Project Application Voting (3pm, ARD Small Pod)
- April 25th – Undergraduate Symposium
- May 2nd – Last Green Fund Meeting of the semester
The Green Fund typically holds special proposal workshops for project applications. However, due to spring break, there will be a change. Instead, if you are interested in submitting a Green Fund proposal for the month of April, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the information you will need. Here is the Green Fund website for more info: nau.edu/greenfund