Posts Tagged Velo Composting
The main responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Work with a partner to pick up and deliver loads of food waste from NAU Dining Locations to the compost facility on South campus in a timely manner (~1 hour per day).
- Loads of food waste will be picked up via bicycle and trailer and/or pickup truck.
- Operate hand tools and monitoring equipment to monitor, and assist with maintenance of a large-scale compost system at the new NAU Compost Facility (Located on South Campus by the Solar Array)
- Attend weekly compost team meetings as well as other meetings on an as needed basis
- Garner interest in compost and sustainability
- Work with other units and employees within NAU Dining/Sodexo, Facilities Management/Capital Assets, and in waste collection, monitoring, and documentation.
The full job description can be found here.