Vol. 9 No. 16 | January 22, 2013
Covered, Secure Bicycle Parking
Many students put their bicycles into "hibernation" during the winter by leaving them locked outside. In some areas where bike racks are close to pathways, bicycles have been damaged during snow removal. Leaving a bicycle in the weather for a prolonged period of time can rust and damage its components.
The university has invested in indoor bicycle parking to help protect your student's bicycle. Secure parking facilities are available in each parking garage (Knoles, San Francisco, and Mountain View). These enclosures provide bicycle racks and small personal lockers for bicycle gear and related items.
Students can reserve a spot by printing out and completing the rental form and bringing it to Parking and Shuttle Services (bldg. #91).
A space in an enclosure may be rented for $15 for one semester or $40 for the year. Students can place the cost on their student account.
Financial Aid Reminders
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2013-2014 academic year is available now. Students may complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov. Please note: the priority deadline is February 14, 2013; therefore, to be considered for the maximum aid possible, students should file the FAFSA before that time.
Project GIVE invites students to participate in service to the Flagstaff community. Project GIVE has numerous opportunities to help students get connected to Flagstaff, make new friends, and make a difference. Here are some highlighted opportunities happening right now:
- Environmental Education Internship at Flagstaff Arboretum
- Grand Canyon Trust Volunteer Opportunities
- Museum of Northern Arizona
- Justice Sandra Day O'Connor. Mon, Feb 11, 7:30 PM, Ardrey Memorial Auditorium. Tickets, call: 928-523-5661.
- Horizons Concert Series--The Harlem Quartet Master Class. Tue, Feb 19, 11:15 AM-12:30 PM, room 147, Performing and Fine Arts Building.
- Paolo Soleri Exhibition, famed architect. Feb 19-Apr 13, NAU Art Museum.
- Horizons Concert Series--Nation Beat--Cajun/Afro-Brazilian Music. Mon, Feb 25, 7:30 PM, Ashurst Hall.
See a complete listing of university events on the official university calendar website. More Flagstaff event highlights can be seen at Flagstaff 365.