Vol. 9 No. 17 | January 29, 2013
Study Abroad Info Sessions
Black History Month
Celebrate Black History Month with events throughout February.
Free Student Shuttle to Snowbowl
Throughout the ski season, ASNAU is offering students a free shuttle ride, courtesy of the 23 Fee, to and from the Snowbowl ski resort in Flagstaff. The shuttle runs every Friday and Saturday with pick-up points at parking lots P30 and P40 between 9:45 and 10 AM. The return shuttle leaves the ski resort at 4:45 PM.
Students should reserve their spot on the shuttle with NAU Outdoors online.
GPS - Grade Performance Status
Grade Performance Status, or GPS, is an academic feedback system to inform your student about important grade and performance information. Instructors send your student feedback about attendance, grades, academic concerns, and even positive feedback. Studies have shown that students who receive GPS messages perform better overall, compared with their peers.
- Students should check their class syllabi or instructors to see (or request) if they use GPS.
- Students should then watch for GPS messages at http://my.nau.edu and their university e-mail (not Bb Learn) for GPS messages.
Campus Health Services Online Appointments
Campus Health Services has been accepting online appointments for years, but did you know that students can also choose the time, day, and doctor they want to visit? Students can also renew prescriptions online. The online health portal is also where students get secure access to lab results.
- Step Afrika! performance. Fri, Feb 1, 8 PM, Ardrey Memorial Auditorium. Free tickets available at the University Union box office.
- Justice Sandra Day O'Connor. Mon, Feb 11, 7:30 PM, Ardrey Memorial Auditorium. Tickets, call: 928-523-5661.
- Dr. Ricardo Guthrie, "Global Perspectives and the African-American Experience." Study Abroad narratives by 2012 program alumni: Sean Poole, Suzana Abrigada, Hilary Charles, and Deshara Washington. Wed, Feb 13, 12 PM, Gardner Auditorium, W. A. Franke College of Business.
- Horizons Concert Series--The Harlem Quartet Master Class. Tue, Feb 19, 11:15 AM-12:30 PM, room 147, Performing and Fine Arts Building.
- Paolo Soleri Exhibition, famed architect. Feb 19-Apr 13, NAU Art Museum.
- Horizons Concert Series--Nation Beat--Cajun/Afro-Brazilian Music. Mon, Feb 25, 7:30 PM, Ashurst Hall.
See a complete listing of university events on the official university calendar website. More Flagstaff event highlights can be seen at Flagstaff 365.