In fulfillment of its mission, the primary goals of the Academic Chairs Council are to:
- To insure that chairs and directors of degree granting programs (hereinafter, “chairs”) receive timely information regarding issues and developments affecting NAU.
- To provide chairs with a forum within which to discuss their common experiences and to exchange useful information about strategies for best serving their respective departments.
- To give chairs a voice with the processes of University governance.
- To facilitate and improve working conditions for chairs
- To provide a supportive forum for discussion of challenges facing chairs at NAU.
- NAU chairs first came together in 1996 to create a forum for chairs to discuss their common experiences and challenges.
- In Spring 2002 the ACC received administrative recognition as part of the governance structure of NAU.
- As a part of the formal NAU governance structure the ACC acquired a formal reporting relationship with and receives budgetary support from the Office of the Provost.