The e-Learning Center investigates and reports on how technology is used to support teaching and learning at Northern Arizona University. We assess how technology affects student learning outcomes in physical and virtual classrooms and out in the field. We also collaborate with faculty to design studies that identify effective technology practices among both faculty and students, and we provide venues for faculty to share their findings.
In particular, we collaborate with instructors to collect and analyze data on student learning in electronic environments, such as online courses, interactive television courses, hybrid courses, and traditional courses that employ a variety of electronic and web enhancements.
Technological enhancements that have been studied to date include:
- Classroom Response Systems (i.e., clickers) in Astronomy and Physics courses
- Tablet PCs in Geology courses
- Hybrid course delivery in Business and Sociology courses
- Electronic grading tools in Math courses
- Electronic simulations in Chemistry labs