September 15-16, 2010 @ e-Learning Conference Room
ELI Blended Learning Strategies Webinar, e-Learning Conference Room Gammage Building, Room 305)
September 15, 2010, 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
September 16, 2010, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
You may attend all or part of the event at either location. Register for the E-Learning Center Conference Room webinar session.
Description: The goal of this focus session is to revisit the potential of blended learning instructional models, student learning outcomes, and successful implementation practices. The maturing of online learning practices and engagements has opened new possibilities for curriculum design, including both face-to-face and online learning opportunities. The ability to design a course that uniquely blends face-to-face and distributed interaction allows institutions to address learners’ specific needs and customize the learning environment rather than rely on a “one size fits all” approach. But these options lead to a variety of questions:
- What’s the right mix of face-to-face and online?
- How do you decide when to employ an online activity or interaction?
- How can you best map the mix of blended elements to student needs and requirements?
- How can these elements be orchestrated to meet a course’s learning objectives?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of various online techniques and methods?
Join us September 15 and 16 for “Blended Learning: The 21st-Century Learning Environment,” the 2010 ELI Online Fall Focus Session. Hosted inside an Adobe Connect learning environment, this virtual event will be much more than your typical online seminar. You’ll exchange ideas and collaborate interactively with the ELI community—all without leaving your campus. You’ll also receive all the resources and guided activities you need to help frame discussions and organize team events locally in your department, college, or institution.
During this two-day online event we will:
- Revisit the status of blended learning today—what we’ve learned and how this instructional approach continues to evolve to support learning across many disciplines
- Create a framework for the successful design and deployment of faculty development for blended learning
- Explore successful implementations of blended learning across different types of institutions
- Reflect on the potential for blended learning to promote critical thinking, student engagement, and success
- Consider assessment strategies for blended learning, both at the course and program levels
- Identify the role learning technologies—synchronous and asynchronous—can play in blended learning
- Engage in dialogue with a community of professionals focused on how to design and deploy blended learning across the curriculum
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
|Session Time||Session Details|
|9:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.||
|9:15 a.m. - 9:55 a.m.
|9:55 a.m - 10:10 a.m.
|10:10 a.m. - 10:30 a.m||
|10:30 a.m. - 11:10 a.m||Research and Quality Assurance Plenary Session :
|11:10 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.||
|11:25 a.m. - 11:35 a.m.||Research and Quality Assurance Project Round :
|11:35 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.||Research and Quality Assurance Project Round :
|11:45 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.||Research and Quality Assurance Project Round :
Assessing Online/Blended Learning in Resident Instruction Courses at a Large, Research-Intensive University
|11:55 a.m. - 12:10 p.m.||
|12:10 p.m. - 12:25 p.m.||
|12:25 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.||Logistics and Administration Plenary Round :
|12:45 p.m. - 1:05 p.m.||Logistics and Administration Plenary Round :
|1:05 p.m. - 1:25 p.m.||Logistics and Administration Plenary Round :
|1:25 p.m. - 1:40 p.m.||
|1:40 p.m. - 2:20 p.m.||
|2:20 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.||
Thursday, September 16, 2010
|Session Time||Session Details|
|9:00 a.m. - 9:10 a.m.||
|9:10 a.m. - 9:50 a.m.||Faculty Development Plenary Session :
|9:50 a.m. - 10:05 a.m.||
|10:05 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.||Faculty Development Project Round :
|10:15 a.m. - 10:25 a.m.||Faculty Development Project Round :
|10:25 a.m. - 10:35 a.m.||Faculty Development Project Round :
|10:35 a.m. - 10:50 a.m.||
|10:50 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.||
|11:00 a.m. - 11:40 a.m.
||Course Design Plenary Session :
|11:40 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.||
|11:55 a.m. - 12:05 p.m.||Course Design Project Round :
|12:05 p.m. - 12:15 p.m.||Course Design Project Round :
|12:15 p.m. - 12:25 p.m.||Course Design Project Round :
|12:25 p.m. - 12:40 p.m.||
|12:40 p.m. - 12:50 p.m.||
|12:50 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.||
|1:45 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.||Focus Session Closing|