How do I customize an assessment for students who need additional time or other exceptions?
- Find where the assessment has been deployed in your course.
- Hovering over the assessment title, select the item options menu (the down-arrow).
- Choose "Edit the Test Options".
- On the Test Options page, scroll down to section "3. Test Availability Exceptions."
- Select the "Add User or Group" button.
- A new window titled Add User or Group will open.
- Using the checkboxes to the left, select the user(s) or group(s) who need additional time.
- Press Submit.
- The user(s) or group(s) selected will appear in the list under section "3. Test Availability Exceptions".
- You can now configure multiple types of exceptions for each student or group:
- Attempts: if the student needs extra attempts, you can set this to Multiple or Unlimited Attempts.
- Timer: if the student requires extra time, you can use this to override the timer which is set for the overall assessment.
- Availability: if the student should be able to access the assessment before or after other students, you can change those dates here.
- Options: you can relax any restrictions on the main assessment (such as Force Completion or Auto-Submit) for the student or group here.
- Make sure to click Submit at the bottom of the page when you are finished making changes.
Last updated: Oct 30, 2014