How can I do a good job without letting this class take over my entire life?
- Stay focused on the content.
- Use a separate email account (or the mail feature in Vista) for course-related matters.
- Create a FAQ (frequently asked questions list) and have your students read it.
- Refer student technical problems to the ITS Student Technology Center.
- Use announcements, discussion boards, or chatrooms to answer the majority of questions.
- Make attendance of virtual office hours mandatory.
- Use Vista course management tools.
- Talk to colleagues who have completed a web course in your college.
- Seek advice from the e-Learning Center and Faculty Development.
- Ask the e-Learning Center for examples of well-designed web classes.
Last updated: Jun 16, 2011