To make a test available inside a different course in which you are an instructor, follow these steps:
- In the course that contains the test you want to use, go to Control Panel > Course Tools > Tests, Surveys, and Pools > Tests. You will see a list of the tests available inside your course.
- Click the Action Link (drop-down menu) for the test you want to move, and then select Export to Content Collection. This will open a new window.
- Click Browse. This will open a new pop-up window.
- On the left side of the window, click Course Content, and then click the Courses folder.
- Click the radio button to the left of the folder for the course that you want the test to be moved to, and then click the Submit button. (For example, if your original test is in section 801 of your course, and you want to move it to section 802, you will select the folder for section 802.)
- Make sure that the Content Collection destination is correct. It should look something like /courses/1117-NAU00-XXX-151-.... Then click the Submit button. This will place a .zip file inside the Content Collection of your other course.
- Navigate to the course that you moved the test into.
- Go to the Tests area inside this course.
- Select Import Test and then Browse Content Collection. Find the .zip file for the test. It should be named something like TestExportFile 1117-NAU00-[course number] [test name].zip. Click the radio button to the left of the file. Then click the Submit button.
- Make sure the correct file has been selected, and then click the Submit button again. This will add the test to your list of available tests for the course.
- To deploy the test in the Course Content, select Create Assessment while inside your Course Content, and then select Test and choose the test from the list. Then click the Submit button, and the test will be be deployed inside your course and available for students.
- Adjust the test dates and times to match the schedule for that course.
You can move only a single test at a time.