During Phase 2, you'll focus on creating the web
pages for your course and loading them into the university's
course management system. You'll also configure
the course management system with your preferred
settings for any tools—such
as discussions, assignments, assessments, or the
you've decided to use. We offer several workshops
to give you the technical skills necessary for
this phase. Phase 2 will go more smoothly if
you've finished all of the steps in Phase
When you’ve finished developing your course,
we recommend that you review it by using
If you would like us to review the completed course
for you or with you, contact your instructional technologist to
request a review. Be sure to submit your request
at least 1 month before the course begins.
Below is a suggested timetable and task list for
Phase 2. You have some flexibility in the order in
which you take the workshops.
Phase 2: Course Building
- Build your course framework in Bb Learn.
- Write detailed instructions for all activities and assignments
in your course.
- Write your quizzes and exams, if using them
in your course.
- Review proofs and prototypes of graphics and media.
- Schedule a consultation with your library resource specialist
to add your reserve readings and resources to your course.
- Create your discussion topics in Bb Learn, if using
discussions in your course.
- Create your course calendar in Bb Learn.
- Set up your grade book in Bb Learn.
- Proofread all of your course material in Bb Learn.
- Schedule a consultation with your instructional technologist to add
final graphics and media to your course.
- Configure course due dates in Bb Learn if you want to make certain
course materials available to students on certain dates.
- If you would like the e-Learning Center to review your
course using the Quality Checklist,
submit your request to your instructional technologist at
least one month before your course begins.
- Revise your course according to results of the Quality Checklist