Bb Learn - Create Announcement
Creating an Announcement in Blackboard Learn
In this scenario, you will
- Log in to Blackboard Learn
- Navigate to the correct course
- Configure Blackboard Learn for editing
- Create an announcement
Although Blackboard Learn offers a number of approaches when you create announcements, the steps listed in this scenario address only one of them. You are encouraged to explore the other options on your own.
To log in to Blackboard Learn (if you are not already logged in), follow these steps:
- Go to bblearn.nau.edu.
- Click the Log in to Bb Learn button.
- On the Central Authentication Service page, in the UserID field type your University login ID, and in the Password field, type your password.
(NOTE: If you have already authenticated through CAS from some other campus website, you might not have to complete this step or the next. Instead, you automatically will be routed to the Blackboard Learn My Bb Learn tab.)
- Click the Login button.
After you have logged in, make sure you are on the My BbLearn tab, and then from the My Courses block, select a listed course.
Near the upper right corner of the window, make sure the Edit Mode is button is set to ON. You click the button to toggle between ON and OFF.
- From the left navigation menu, click the Tools link.
The Tools page will be displayed.
On the Tools page, select Announcements.
- Click on to Create Announcement button.
- In the Subject field, type a brief description of the annoucement. In the Message area, type your detailed announcement.
If you want to format your instructions, make sure the Visual Editor is set to ON. You click the button to toggle between ON and OFF.
- Click on to the Submit button.
Near the top of the page, you will see a heading higlighted in gree that says: Success Announcement created.
Scroll down to see your announcement.