Bb Learn - Create Assignment
Creating an Assignment in Blackboard Learn
In this scenario, you will
- Log in to Blackboard Learn
- Navigate to the correct course
- Configure Blackboard Learn for editing
- Create an assignment
- Attach a file to the assignment
- Configure the assignment settings
Although Blackboard Learn offers a number of options to choose from when you create an assignment, the steps listed in this scenario address only a few of them. You are encouraged to explore the other options on your own.
To log in to Blackboard Learn (if you are not already logged in), follow these steps:
- Go to bblearn.nau.edu.
- Click the Log in to Bb Learn button.
- On the Central Authentication Service page, in the UserID field type your NAU login ID, and in the Password field, type your password.
(NOTE: If you have already authenticated through CAS from some other campus website, you might not have to complete this step or the next. Instead, you automatically will be routed to the Blackboard Learn My Institution tab.)
- Click the Login button.
After you have logged in, make sure you are on the My Institution tab, and then from the My Courses block, select a listed course.
Near the upper right corner of the window, make sure the Edit Mode is button is set to ON. You click the button to toggle between ON and OFF.
- From the left navigation menu, click the Topic 1 link.
The Topic 1 page will be displayed.
On the Topic 1 page, from the Create Assessment menu select Assignment.
- Give your assignment a name by typing Assignment 2 in the Name and Color field.
- In the Instructions field, type a detailed description of the assignment. Be sure to include the purpose of the assignment as well as steps students need to follow, the evaluation criteria you'll use, acceptable file formats, naming conventions you want students to follow, and any other relevant information that will help students to complete the assignment.
If you want to format your instructions, make sure the Visual Editor is set to ON. You click the button to toggle between ON and OFF.
Use the Assignment Files section to attach files related to the assignment.
- To attach a file, click the Browse My Computer button.
- Navigate to a file on your computer and then select it. This step might look a little different, depending on which browser and operating system you are using.
- After attaching your file, type a title in the Link Title field. The title you provide will be used as a link to the attached file.
- Scroll to 3. Grading, and then type 50 in the Points Possible field.
- Scroll to 5. Due Dates, and then specify the date and time when you want the assignment to be due. To set the day, month, year, and time of day, you can either type the date in MM/DD/YYYY format in the left field and type the time in 00:00 AM format in the right field, or you can use the calendar and time icons as follows:
- Click the calendar icon.
- From the popup calendar, navigate to the due date you want and click to select it.
The selected date will be added to the due date field.
- Click the clock icon.
- From the time-of-day popup menu, scroll to find the time you want, and click to select it.
The selected time will be added to the Due Date field.
- After you have chosen the settings you want, click the Submit button.
The link to the assignment will be listed on the Topic 1 page.