Bb Learn - Grade Test
Grading a Test in Blackboard Learn
In this scenario, you will
- Log in to Blackboard Learn
- Navigate to the correct course
- Configure Blackboard Learn for editing
- Open the Full Grade Center
- Grade an essay question
Although Blackboard Learn offers a number of options to choose from when you grade an assessment, the steps listed in this scenario address only a few of them. You are encouraged to explore the other options on your own.
To log in to Blackboard Learn (if you are not already logged in), follow these steps:
- Go to bblearn.nau.edu.
- Click the Log in to Bb Learn button.
- On the Central Authentication Service (CAS) page, in the UserID field type your NAU login ID, and in the Password field, type your password.
(NOTE: If you have already authenticated through CAS from some other campus website, you might not have to complete this step or the next. Instead, you automatically will be routed to the Blackboard Learn My Institution tab.)
- Click the Login button.
After you have logged in, make sure you are on the My Institution tab, and then from the My Courses block, select a listed course.
Near the upper right corner of the window, make sure the Edit Mode is button is set to ON. You click the button to toggle between ON and OFF.
- From the Course Management Control Panel on the left, click Grade Center and then click Full Grade Center.
The Grade Center: Full Grade Center page will be displayed.
- In the Grade Information Bar, use the horizontal scroll bar to scroll right until you see the column titled Quiz #1.
- In the Quiz #1 column, look for the green exclamation mark (!) in the Student One row, which indicates the assessment needs to be graded, and then place your mouse pointer over that cell. At the right side of the cell you will see an action menu icon . Click that action menu icon and then select the View Grade Details.
- On the Grade Details page, in the Actions column near the lower right corner, click the View Attempt button.
- On the Grade Test: Quiz #1 page, scroll until you see Question 4: Essay. This question needs to be graded manually. Read the question, and then read the Given Answer, which is the student's response to the question.
- Decide how many points out of 10 points to award the student for the Given Answer, and then type that number of points in the grade field for that question. The grade field is at the right side of the Question 4: Essay heading.
- In the Response Feedback field, type a comment to the student about the given answer. You can use the visual editor to apply formatting to your comment.
- Scroll down and click the Save and Exit button.
The Grade Center: Full Grade Center page will be displayed and will show the student's score in the Quiz #1 column.