Applying the Quality Matters Rubric
(Enrollment closes after the workshop starts)
Tue May 13, 2014 9:00am - 4:00pm @ Learning Resource Center
Category: Planning and Design Seats Available: 5
Format: Hands-on Delivery Method: Real-time Delivery System: Classroom
Instructors: Flower Darby, Walter Nolan
We will be meeting in Room 140, Learning Resource Center (building 61).
What is course quality?
Join us as we identify the critical elements of the nationally recognized Quality Matters (QM) course quality assurance program. This one-day workshop will focus on the QM Rubric in order to frame a peer-to-peer conversation on some of the components of course quality.
- Identify the underlying principles of QM. (Recognize key QM underlying principles and concepts.)
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components.
- Apply the 2011-2013 QM Rubric to review online courses.
- Make decisions on whether the SPCH 1113 course meets selected QM Rubric standards.
- Apply the concept of alignment.
- Write helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course.