Value of the assignments
The students were asked to indicate if the assignments associated with
each subject area fell into the following categories:
It is gratifying to see that effort expended in working with the subject
material enhanced the students' understanding of what they were involved
in learning. However, one is reminded that some individuals do not
admit (or, perhaps, comprehend) that working in the subject areas adds
educational value above that gained by reading chapters in a textbook.
- Added depth and breadth to the course
- Contributed to a fuller understanding of the topics
- Made subjects more relevant
- Largely busywork and added little beyond the readings
Last Updated on 5/16/99
5. Effectiveness of the web course compared to a lecture course.