My name is Dr. Joseph Collentine. I am a Professor of Spanish. My interests break down into three areas:
- Acquisition of Spanish as a Second Language
- Mood (i.e., the indictive/subjunctive distinction)
- Study Abroad
- Learning Theories
- Computer Assisted Language Learning
- Computational Linguistics
- Corpus based approaches to language analysis
- Learner corpora
See the Spanish Corpus Linguistic to download a free Mac based concordance program and tutorials on the use of regular expressions.
At present, my colleague, Dr. Yuly Asención, and I are in the process of collecting a Spanish learner corpus that targets students at the first, second and third years of Spanish university-level instruction.
Currently, I have various administrative duties: